- Company logos can be by a year or year range. Use the following in the filename: Bally (1980), Bally (-1980), Bally (1980-), Bally (1982-1988). There is also now no fixed limit on how many you can have.
- Automatically add new and missing tables. This feature is enabled or disabled under General Settings
- Current Pin2DMD support with the existing DLLs is broken now, so I have included new working versions with the installer. Select the option for Pin2DMD when installing.
- Fixes mouse wheel not working in game manager.
- The install now defaults to a 32 bit install, for both new installs and anyone upgrading from a release prior to this one. If you are not using the 32 bit version select the option on install. It caused numerous support issues previously and it just wasn't a good idea to default to 64 bit in hindsight.
Instant Sheller: It allows you to one click shell GameEx or any other front end. Its for Windows XP Service pack 2 and above, Vista, Windows 7 and the latest versions of Windows 10. It also requires the .net framework 2 service pack 1 or above. It features a one click 'Undo'.
Updated May 2018 for support for the latest versions of Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise. For Windows 10 Enterprise it can completely hide everything.
Create snaps and video screen recording has been rewritten. Video capture now records in mp4 format and external driver and software capture methods are supported. There is a new section in the setup wizard for video recording. Geforce experience has been tested to be working. It is also much more responsive to cancelling the process and ffmpeg.exe is required to use this feature now.
Creating video snaps is no longer a registered version feature.
GameEx arcade edition now has an optional 64 bit version as part of the installer. Note: Some plugins may still require the 32 bit version.
This release is a significant update to GameEx and GameEx arcade edition but involves work mainly on the back end. There are also too many fixes to mention in this release but the original purpose of it was to upgrade the DirectX library from managed DirectX to SlimDX. In addition all video rendering is now GPU hardware accelerated. This all provides significant stability and performance improvements, especially on older hardware. On newer hardware 4k 60fps video previews are no issue at all.
There is also a fixed and improved GameLauncher mode and the background snap theme and mode is working as expected again.
Again, there are many fixes in and minor improvements in this release. You may find some issues you had fixed and because the changes are so substantial I will provide the previous releases in case I missed something in my regression testing.
These are mainly performance improvement related releases with general optimizations to key functions as well as rendering and
the executable compiles.
This should hopefully result in better FPS and speed improvements throughout although obviously it will be more
noticeable on lower end machines.
With GameEx several other areas have been improved for performance such as the Jukebox,
loading Game Info, the Movie Library and getting Meta Data.
In addition the YouTube feature is now working again and the Move Library has been improved significantly. Getting Meta Data for the movie library is now much quicker to and downloading music artist and album images is working again.
I also made the decision to make the Media Library and DVD/BluRays on disk features free for all users and no longer a registered version feature.
I am toying with the idea of releasing a sub version of GameEx without gaming
features, purely as a free HTPC solution. Please let me know your thoughts on this.
In preparation for the season I, and behalf of all of my
loyal team and friends who work alongside me wish you all the best, happy thanksgiving, happy
Hanukkah, Eid, Kwanzaa and Merry Christmas!.