|17th June, 2022 - GameEx 18.10|
- Improvements to layout, positioning and scaling of the default theme (version 3 themes). Internally these are now version 5 themes
- Default selector bar has been AI upscaled.
- Version 6 themes coming soon with powerful new skinning features and compatible with both Arcade Edition and regular GameEx.
- Fixes MAME support files not being used since relative parts were supported.
- Fixes 32 bit versions not launching.
- Fixes GameEx Online most played list showing strange names or not loading.
- Fixes threads not aborting causing a hang.
- Fixes some resources not being released with fonts.
|8th June, 2022 - GameEx 18.08|
- Fixes gamepad and real wiimote insertion and removal crashes
- Gamepad joystick to keyboard (joytokey) mapping working again inlcuding with real wiimotes and with Daphne
- Mini PC wii console now completed
|3rd June, 2022 - GameEx 18.07|
I've finialized the real wiimote support. You can now exit Dolphin or any other emulator with the home button.For dolphin set input to background.
Now to finish my mini PC console project.
|2nd June, 2022 - GameEx 18.06|
Adds support for real wiimotes. Dolphinbar mode 4.
|17th May, 2022 - GameEx 18.04|
Now supports relative paths and along with some other changes I made this allows for cloud and portable setups.
|13th May, 2022 - GameEx 18.03|
- Fix to emulator now supports MAME (emu 0) and Daphne (emu 1000)
- New fix to emulator group feature
- These settings are useful for providing a good simple arcade cabinet build
- Emulator groups, fix to emulator and group have been added to Arcade Edition. Use emulator 0 for MAME and emulator 1000 for Daphne
- Ability to add more tolerance to the MAME sync refresh feature. This allows the majority of games to run smoothly and lag free at 60fps including Mortal Kombat and Smash TV
- Fixes gamepad left and right not paging in Arcade Edition
- New MAME Joystick only filter allowing availability of games that only use a joystick or buttons only. Useful for setups that just use a gamepad or with no spinner, trackball or mouse.
- Fixes .net framework 4 not installing on Windows 7
- Upgraded to .net 6 desktop runtime 6.05
- Fixes GameEx artwork download service not downloading non MAME media
- Fixes video themes not playing
|24th April, 2022 - Big changes. Gone free.|
The pandemic, losing my mother during it and dwindling interest from others along with a different situation personally has prompted me to make some significant changes and me wanting to make things purely a hobby again, albeit funded by me.
Everything is now free, including all variations of GameEx, the FTP, artwork download and GameEx Online.
I want to do things purely for the glory, hobby and community, once again.
Hopefully it will bring some renewed interest and a better purpose for me, while not having to worry about taxes, EU red tape and not much income to show for it.
I want to enjoy my work and not compete on a commercial level with free products and a commercial product that spends large amounts of money on marketing and employees.
I also want to give something back. We are all riding off the back of other peoples work and efforts and I want to have more admirable intentions going forward. I was primarily inspired by MAME and that has always been free.
I can afford the cost and hopefully I will get some new support and renewed interest because of my good intentions and I can continue to be motivated, if not more so.
Thank you to everyone who ever purchased something from me and all the support over the years. There has been many high points such as products being shown on Shark Tank twice, Pinball hall of fame and being featured in numerous books, publications and cover disks (if you are old enough to know what they are!)
I have two new free GameEx products in the pipeline and I am in no way slowing things down. Its just time to mix it up again..
Hopefully you will support me in going free for all but if you just purchased and are unhappy feel free to contact me for a refund.
Its all about the hobby and always should be.
|20th April, 2022 - GameEx 17.22|
Fixed and improved EmuMovies file matching
|4th January, 2022 - GameEx 17.17|
Adds the all games list to GameEx Arcade Edition.
|30th December, 2021 - GameEx 17.15|
New feature to add and use an additional alternate emulator to launch MAME games with.
New emulator file/rom include and export filters.
|29th December, 2021 - GameEx 17.14|
Genres in Arcade Edition now lists and optimizes when other emulators (other than MAME) are used.
|29th December, 2021 - GameEx 17.13|
New Marquee display feature. Display maarquee and logo images on secondary display. Pretty much plug n play with few settings. Just enable in the setup wizard. If you wish to use images other than logos for emulators set the gameextender custom images folder for each emulator. This feature uses and enables gameextender and optrmizes gameextender viewer for local display.
|12th December, 2021 - GameEx 17.11|
The latest incarnation of the GameEx front end. Currently in testing.
This version moves GameEx, GameEx Arcade Edition and most of the libraries to .net 6 (Previously .net core).
The reason is simple - significant performance improvements. It even starts up in less than half the time for an initial install.
Windows 7 and greater 64 bit is supported.
It can run along side the regular release of GameEx and GameEx as long as installed in a different folder.
GameEx - "Just play your games".
This release also features optimized anf fadter Emumovies artwork downloading for all versions.
|16th November, 2021 - Sale Ending|
The 50% off everything sale ends December 5th,
To my American friends please have a safe and happy holiday
Use coupon code: 7ACE8