Don't try this at home! (but it works)
|4th June, 2010|
GameEx display libraries have now moved from DirectDraw to Direct3D.|
The benefits of moving to Direct3D are quite significant.
- Should run significantly better and faster on any vaguely modern hardware.
- Alpha Blending.
- PNG with transparancy support.
- Fewer driver incompatibalities.
- Proper anti aliased fonts.
- No more reliance on DirectDraw which Microsoft depreciated some time ago.
- Improved and smoother transition effects.
- Fast rotated display support.
Thank you to everyone who took part in the Beta test, and a special thank you to Ben Baker (AKA Headkaze) for his help and support with this transition.